BENEFITS OF JUNIOR JGF MEMBERSHIP
The junior members will enjoy many benefits which include but not limited to;
- DISCOUNTED GREEN FEES
Members will pay at a discounted green fee of Ksh.120 to play in all golf courses in Kenya
- DISCOUNTED ENTRY FEES
Members will pay at a discounted rate for all junior tournaments
- Upon joining, members will be able to register for junior events online
- Free initial lesson .By appointment only.
- 2012-2015 USGA Rules of Golf book, JGF Members’ Handbook that includes a comprehensive schedule of junior golf activities, PGA Junior Golf TOUR Regulations, and valuable information;
- PREREGISTER FOR EVENTS & ONLINE SERVICES
JGF members can register on-line prior to mailed entries being accepted.
Take advantage of this period to become a junior member and register for events you want to play in before they fill up
Other online services for our members include;
- Register and pay for membership and tournaments online
Interactive online calendar of events
Receive tournament and results online via email
Track scoring averages
View player scorecards from current and previous events
View up-to date Player of the Year Points- order of Merit
- JUNIOR PACKET & PLAYER OF THE YEAR POINTS
Members will receive a junior packet that includes tournament entries, golf camps, and other junior tournaments.*You Must be a Junior Member to receive Player of Year Points*.
- Members will receive a CONGU handicap if you do not currently have one with another golf course. This will also allow members to participate in golf events.
- EMAIL NOTICES
When you sign up to become a member, please provide an email address so you can receive notices, date changes, cancellations, additions, player profiles and newsletters
OTHER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- We offer:
Competitions over a shortened course, with reduced number of holes i.e. 3, 6, 9 holes depending on age and ability.
- Practice Drills to encourage continuous improvement leading to……
The National Skills Challenge for the younger golfer (Rookie Challenge) and the slightly older golfer (Tour Challenge)
A minimum of 20 internal junior competitions per annum for our junior golfers with CONGU handicaps
- A short course (blue tee/red tee) programme of competitions with a minimum of 20 events per annum for our younger, less experienced juniors with Club handicaps (up to 54).
- A summer league to encourage our young golfers to play regularly against and with other juniors in the section
- A programme of friendly matches to meet new friends, play at other local golf clubs and learn match play and other formats skills in a supportive environment
- External competitions, as the young golfer progresses, selection for which is based on ability/handicap
- For the highly talented young golfer, there will be opportunities to progress through to involvement/coaching
- New from 2014 ‘Free Coaching’ – for those junior members who are prepared to sign up to our ‘Coaching Charter’ and are committed to developing their game and take part in a number of club competitions, rules session etc.
- We believe this package of benefits to be one of the best and comprehensive available in Kenya, and one that helps the beginner progress through modular learning phases to become an established, experienced golfer. We are not complacent though, and constantly review it ensure it remains so.
So, if you’re considering joining a golf club for the first time, or changing golf clubs/joining another, why not give us a try – we will try to ensure that you enjoy your formative years playing this great sport.
Visit our website to complete and submit an on-line junior membership Application Form